Sunday, September 19, 2010

In Our New Home

The moving part is now over, thank GOD! However, some rooms in our apartment are still building sites and cannot be used properly. Also we do not have a telephone / internet connection yet, so it is just mobile phone and (slow) mobile internet for the weeks to come.

Anyway, I like living in this little town (which is not even officially a town, but just a village). I have got more infrastructure than in the previous place (which was officially a town), a greater variety of shops and three supermarkets. I know that doesn’t sound much, but in Mühlheim we just had one little supermarket and a small grocery shop within walking distance. For the pharmacy and the post office I had to climb a steep hill. For everything except every day items I had to go to another town. Now I have got most shops (plus pharmacy and post office) within easy walking distance which is very convenient as I don’t have a car.

On Friday we officially gave the keys of the old house to the new owners, a very kind Italian couple who have been living and working in Germany for about 30 years and now wanted a house with a garden. After all it was Hermann’s childhood home and his parents had built it, so we were happy to get such friendly new owners who really appreciate it, especially the garden which had been my mother-in-law’s favorite hobby. The woman looked as if she could hardly wait to take gardening tools into her hands ;)

Today I take a break from unpacking boxes – start again tomorrow!

5 comments:

Bente said...

I am so happy to hear that your have moved, and that you enjoy your new home and village.
It sounds like a nice place. I am used to live in small villages, and think that this is the best way to live, for me and my family.
I wish you all the best in your new home.
Hugs from Bente

Darylynn said...

Congrats on your move. You new village sounds charming and nice that you found good owners for your husband's childhood home. Nice to know the garden will be maintained. Enjoy getting settled in :) (((Hugz)))

Dru said...

Congrats on the move Barbara. Your little town sounds lovely. Enjoy your new home.
Hugs, Dru

Julie said...

Sounds like a great place to live! Congrats!!!

http://scrapgrrl.com/

kia said...

Congrats on the move and the new house, hope you and your hubby will be incredibly happy in your new cozy home :) hug!