Thursday, May 6, 2010

One Step Back, One Forward

The potential buyer doesn’t want the house now – the heating contractor made a quotation for a new heating system which everyone regards as far too high (we knew it before, that company is notorious for it) and which he cannot afford. So now we will take up a loan which we pay back when our house is sold, so that we can at least move forward and buy the new apartment. We hope to be able to do it sometime this month, so we can move before my birthday (July 24). Of course, the apartment needs some renovation, but that should not take too long. In the meantime I will dedicate myself to the task of packing up all our stuff, the mere thought of which horrifies me – at least until I can actually start with it.

Our weather is still like autumn, but at least I’m feeling a little better now and I do not think that it was gastritis; instead I had a migraine for the past two day, but that is over, too, for now.

So I see my life in a brighter light again ;)

2 comments:

Julie said...

I'm sorry the deal fell through on the house! I hope you find a new buyer soon!

http://scrapgrrl.com

Dru said...

Hi Barbara,
Sorry they back out of the deal to buy your home. I am sure you will get someone else to buy it. Happy to hear you are going ahead with your new place. Have a wonderful Thursday.
Hugs, Dru