Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Selling A House

Of course, now that it is settled that we are going to offer the house for sale I’m occupied with several tasks surrounding it. Firstly, cleaning out the house which means sorting, checking and throwing away things which have been collected by its inhabitants within the last 45 years – and that is a lot of work to do! Secondly, we are trying to figure out whether we should hire an estate agent (which would cost the buyer extra money) or not. Thirdly, I’m looking for a suitable and affordable apartment for us to move in once we have sold the house.

Recently I found out from the internet that one of the neighbors on the other side of our street is also offering his house. He is an elderly widower and so the house and garden are too large for him now as well. The house is similar to ours (there are a few differences, though) and he told me that he has been offering it for five or six weeks now which is not long, of course. He also said that there are potential buyers. It will be interesting for us to see how fast he will be able to sell it!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Good luck on the sale of your house! ... That can be stressful, I know from experience... and I hope I don't have to do it again. *lol*

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Kia said...

Good luck! Fingers crossed for you! Happy rest of the week! :)

Lori Madison said...

Hi Barbara,

I hope everything runs smoothly for you. I imagine selling a house can be stressful. I don't know what the housing market is like in Germany but here in USA, it is very difficult at this time to sell a house.

Blessings and Hugs to you...

Annette said...

Hi Barbara.
Oh, you have things to do and think about, I can't say I envy you. But I hope everything will be fine and work out the way you want it to.
Sending big hugs!