Sunday, October 18, 2009

Changes...

Strange where time goes – just found that it is already one week since I blogged here.

I had a lot to think about during the recent days, though. We have decided to sell the house we are living in and buy a flat / apartment instead within the next two years. There are several reasons for it: first, half of the house belongs to Hermann’s brother and he wants to get rid of it, as he does not live here and sees no sense in keeping it, as it only costs him money; second, the house is old and will cost more and more money in repair – more than we can afford in the long run; third, the house and garden are much too large for the two of us to manage – Hermann has got so much work in his job (seven days a week is the rule) and for me it would be more than a full time job to manage the house – apart from the fact that with regard to the garden I have got no idea how to take care of it. It will be hard for Hermann to leave his parents’ house after such a long time, but of course we have to be sensible. So we are looking for a nice affordable flat to buy and hope that when we offer the house we will get at least the price for it which the bank says it is worth, because our share of it would be about the sum a flat would cost.

6 comments:

Connie said...

Hi Barbara: That makes some amount of sense I'd say. We've thought of selling ours, but we'll see. Have a lovely Sunday. HUGS

Julie said...

Sounds like a good plan to me... Though I understand how hard it would be to move... But I think I would make the same decision.

Bente said...

I really understand that it will be hard to move. But, it may be nice to get a flat, too. Smaller and cozy :o)

I hope that you will get the price that the bank says it's worth, and that you will find a nice flat.

Hugs from Bente

Kia said...

Ciao Bearbara, it sounds a good plan, but sure an hard things to do. Have a lovely new week!

Dru said...

Hi Barabra,
I can understand about it being hard to move, but it is the sensible thing to do. Good luck with the house hunting.
Hugs, Dru

Lori Madison said...

Hello,

I think you are doing the right thing in regards to the house. It is always difficult to leave someplace in which you have grown comfortable but I know you both will be fine.
Hugs and Blessings...